The 12th Annual Meeting of the International Water Resource Economics Consortium (IWREC) will be hosted by the World Bank in Washington, DC on September 11-13, 2016. The overall theme of the meeting will be “Water Security in a Changing World.”
Submissions of papers are now being accepted on the following topics:
– Addressing the food-energy-health environment and water nexus
– Assessing large- and small-scale irrigation investments
– Moving toward integrated urban and basin management
– Dealing with groundwater depletion
– Ensuring environmental flows
– Managing floods and droughts and their economy-wide impacts
– Improving transboundary water management
Within these topics, papers with a focus on economic growth and/or poverty linkages are encouraged. Papers on other topics that fall under the theme of the meeting will also be considered. The papers should be policy-oriented and analytically rigorous.
The Annual Meeting will begin with a reception in the evening of September 11, 2016, and span over two days with 6-7 sessions and 1-2 panel discussions on September 12-13, 2016.
Please visit http://www.worldbank.org/water/iwrec2016 for more information.